Since my first photoshoot, I found faults with my current photos which then led on to further inspiration and ideas into what I can do for my second shoot. I realised that I needed to corporate something on the suitcase that really links to my chosen person without it being obvious, So I decided I would make my own stickers to go on the suitcase. I already was looking into this idea before my first shoot.
I found out from Jennie in my class how to use a process that puts images and colours onto sticky tape. Its one of the most easiest and surprisingly brilliant things I have ever seen.
First I created my designs on photoshop and illustrator. Ahh my two trusty programs. Then I used the print press machine and played around with some of Andys blocks of type. This looked really nice and raw so I then scanned it on the photocopier and live traced the text on illustrator and created them as outlines. It worked really well and I used photoshop to just play them onto my two sticker idea designs.
One that was done I experimented with colours, layouts, and themes. I really wanted to have a broad range to choose from.
One I had let people in my class and my tutors pick their favourite I put a number on to thick sellotape, one stuck on completely, I then put thee tape under a running rap and rubbed away at the paper stuck onto the tape until it had all gone and when you turn it over you see the colour has perfectly transferred. Its such a good process that I will be definitely using and taking further in the future.
I think the stickers looked really nice on the suitcase. I am pleased, next time however it would of been nice to have more stickers of the places Rosalind has been.
I have also started looking at channel 4 dispatches and using this as my backbone for presenting my image. I think it would suit that dark type of subject as it’s a big topic and it is mysterious. So dispatches looks at topics and situations that can be seen as sinister. I went onto the channel 4 website and went through its branding guidelines which were very helpful and made it very easy for me to create something that could actually be used by Channel 4, however I couldn’t find the actual font that channel 4 users which is C4. I did manage to find something similar but as it’s not the exact same I was kind of disappointed.
I then put it in a number of mediums and created a few different kind of adverts to link with different mediums for example the TV advert would be different than the opening title for the program. I played around with colours and tried to use the official branding guidelines when creating my designs.